With the increasing complexity in the design of current lighting systems and additional challenges
with integration into the respective target installation spaces, the demands on the design engineer’s technical
skills also increase.
The Lightworks design department’s highly specialized team is characterized by a wealth of experience in the
areas of plastic-specific component design for series production and innovative manufacturing technologies. It supports
industrial designers and development engineers with knowledge and expertise in pre-development, concept development and
series development topics.
Its areas of expertise also include:
- Tools-based design of components and assemblies (design for manufacturing)
- Plastics-specific design of complex optical components (e.g. multi-component components, skin mold components, reverse injection molded sheets, silicone optics)
- Constructive design and consulting for decorative and functional surface technologies
- Constructive design and consulting for parts with injected electronic components (IMSE - In-Mold Structural Electronics)
- Technological evaluation of design approaches for series production (design to cost)
- Creating and evaluating concept designs as well as manufacturing and assembly processes
Designing light prototypes and small series assemblies as well as identifying and managing suitable partners in prototyping building and tool making.